- Ford announces all-new Ford Transit Connect that will be launched late this year will deliver best-in-class fuel economy
- Transit Connect ECOnetic will achieve 4.0 l/100 km (70.6 mpg) and 105 g/km CO2 emissions*; offers a 34 per cent improvement versus current model
- Reduces operator fuel costs by up to €1,750 compared with key class rivals over a four-year ownership period**; offers reduced routine servicing and maintenance costs, contributing to significant savings in overall cost of ownership
- Transit Connect is first Ford van offered with award-winning 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, delivering class-leading 5.6 l/100 km (50.4 mpg) and 129 g/km CO2 emissions
COLOGNE, Germany, July 1, 2013 – Ford has announced the all-new Ford Transit Connect that will be launched later this year will offer best-in-class fuel efficiency, with the Transit Connect ECOnetic model delivering 4.0 l/100 km (70.6 mpg) and CO2 emissions of 105 g/km* – a 34 per cent improvement versus the current model.
Powered by Ford’s 1.6-litre 95 PS Duratorq TDCi diesel, the Transit Connect ECOnetic offers businesses across Europe the opportunity to achieve dramatic reductions in their operating costs, with class-leading fuel economy resulting in fuel bills as much as €1,750 lower than key class rivals over a typical four-year ownership period**.
The all-new Transit Connect is also the first Ford van to offer customers the highly fuel-efficient 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine, twice winner of the International Engine of the Year, delivering class-leading petrol economy of 5.6 l/100 km (50.4 mpg) and CO2 emissions of 129 g/km.
The exceptionally low fuel bills are supported by further improvements in routine servicing and maintenance costs, to ensure that the new Transit Connect delivers significant savings in overall cost of ownership.
“Van operators are always looking to economise, and the all-new Transit Connect takes a huge step forward in cutting costs where they get hit the hardest – at the fuel pumps,” said Stephen Lesh, Transit Connect chief program engineer, Ford of Europe. “With class-leading performance from both diesel and petrol powertrains, we’re confident that the all-new Transit Connect van will be welcomed by small businesses and larger fleets alike.”
The Transit Connect ECOnetic has been carefully optimised to achieve the lowest possible fuel consumption, featuring a comprehensive range of Ford’s latest ultra-low CO2 technologies, including Auto-Start-Stop, Active Grille Shutter and Smart Regenerative Charging.
Other measures to further improve efficiency include optimised gearing with a 4.0 per cent longer final drive ratio and the fitment of a fixed 100 km/h (62 mph) speed limiter (with other fixed and switchable speed limiters available as options).
Ford’s fuel-saving technologies are widely available across the all-new Transit Connect van range, with a special fuel economy package – featuring Auto-Start-Stop, Active Grille Shutter and Smart Regenerative Charging – fitted as standard to 1.0-litre EcoBoost models and available as an option with the 75 PS and 95 PS variants of the 1.6-litre Duratorq diesel. All models also feature Ford’s improved-efficiency Electric Power Assisted Steering, plus a gearshift indicator and Ford EcoMode driver information system.
The stylish all-new Transit Connect has been engineered to set new standards for load-carrying ability, cost of ownership and dependability within its class.
Available in short-wheelbase and long-wheelbase versions, Transit Connect offers a spacious and practical load area with total volumes of 3.0 m3 and 3.7 m3 (SAE – with full bulkhead fitted) and a maximum payload of up to 1000 kg. Ford will offer Van, Double-Cab-in-Van and Kombi derivatives. Deliveries of the all-new Transit Connect van are scheduled to start towards the end of 2013.
* The stated fuel consumption and CO2 emissions are measured according to the technical requirements and specifications of the European Regulation (EC) 715/2007 as last amended. Results in MPG also correspond to this European drive cycle and are stated in imperial gallons. The results may differ from fuel economy figures in other regions of the world due to the different drive cycles and regulations used in those markets
** Fuel cost saving over a 130,000km, 4-year lifecycle (fuel cost €1.50/litre):
|Model||Combined fuel consumption (l/100 km)||Total fuel cost (€)||Cost difference (€)|
|Ford Transit Connect ECOnetic 1.6 TDCi 95PS||4.0||7800|
|VW Caddy 1.6TDi 75kW BlueMotion Technology||4.9||9555||+ 1755|
|Peugeot Partner 1.6 e-HDi 90 Stop & Start||4.9||9555||+ 1755|
|Citroen Berlingo 1.6 e-HDi 90 Airdream||4.8||9360||+ 1560|
|Renault Kangoo Energy dCi 90||4.3||8385||+ 585|
Source – Ford